About Cherry County
- Land Area: 5,961 square miles
- Population (2005 Estimates): 6,098
- County Seat: Valentine
- Towns and Population (2005 Estimates): Brownlee, Unincorporated; Cody, 148; Crookston, 94; Eli, Unincorporated;
Kilgore, 99; Merriman, 117; Nenzel, 13; Sparks, Unincorporated; Valentine, 2,786; Wood Lake, 72.
- Public School Districts: Boardman, Valentine; Cody-Kilgore Public Schools, Cody and Kilgore; Cutcomb Lake Public School, Cody; German Settlement, Crookston; Goose Creek Public School, Valentine; Kewanee Public School, Valentine; Merriman Public School, Merriman; Pioneer Public School, Gordon; Simeon East Public School, Valentine; Simeon West Public School, Valentine; Taylor Lake, Nenzel; Valentine City Schools, Valentine;
Valentine High School, Valentine; Wood Lake Public School, Wood Lake.
- Private School Districts: Zion Lutheran Elementary School, Valentine.